Internationally renowned flautist Jane Rutter offers a unique program for Flute students and Music students of all instruments. Schools have the choice of presenting Jane in a public concert with the students, giving them the opportunity to perform with one of the world’s leading solo flautists. The concert can be a successful fund-raiser for the community.
Jane’s masterclass & performance program allows in-depth exploration of musical ideas, technique and philosophy.
A passionate teacher, renowned for her dynamic performances, Jane’s classes allow students to ‘check in’ regarding their music work and to find the ‘bel-canto’ voice within. Sometimes one–on–one or small group teaching is available.
The masterclass focuses on:
- Daily practice: How to organise an effective and fulfilling practice regime
- Professional performance techniques
- Crossing the barrier to the audience: the philosophy of music / joy in musical expression.
- Aspects of the music and recording industries
- The techniques of sound & tone production
- Joy in music makingMasterclasses can be tailored specifically, making it possible for students to focus on special areas of need, including music exams and performance anxiety.
Any instrument or voice will benefit from this program (students need not be only flute students). Most can be included in the performance regardless of level.
The masterclass is usually 2 hours in duration, (followed by the option of a short rehearsal of one or two pieces if students are to perform with Jane). Jane can work as a soloist with the school choir, school orchestra, or a smaller ensemble.
enquiries: bookings at janerutter.com